Friday, May 30, 2014

Review: Motherlove




Motherlove Herbal Company provides organic products for new mommies during pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, as well as for their new babies.


The company was started in 1990 by a mother and herbalist and follows the Good Manufacturing Practices set by AHPA and the FDA.  Each ingredient goes through a battery of tests for coliforms, salmonella, yeast and mold, bacterial plate count, heavy metals, and pesticide residue; their products are cruelty free and are never tested on animals.

Not only do they use recycled materials in their packaging, but also in their office supplies!  Over 10% of their products are donated to organizations such as The Maternal Wellness Center, Realities for Children, and The Mountain Park Enviornmental Center.

Being a mother of a toddler and growing a pumpkin due in October, I was very excited to try their products, such as their Pregnant Belly Oil and Salve.


The 4 oz bottle of  Pregnant Belly Oil retails for $19.95 and is supposed to prevent stretch marks and relieve itching from an expanding belly.  It has zero toxins and a "light chamomile and lavender scent".  I'm  going to go ahead and translate "light chamomile and lavender scent" to "it smells of lullabies and sweet dreams".  I am pretty much in love with how calming and soothing this smells.  I use this in the evening, after I've had a bath or shower.  It absorbs easily into my skin and leaves it feeling soft and smooth, not greasy or like an oil slick.  

I also received a 4 oz bottle of their Pregnant Belly Salve, which retails for $17.95 on their website. The salve adds scar healing shea butter to the herbs and oil base of the belly oil, so it is also supposed to prevent stretch marks and help with the itching of stretching skin.  Because it is so similar to the oil, it also smells of lullabies and sweet dreams and I use it in the evening before bed on the nights I showered earlier.  This also absorbs into my skin beautifully and leaves it soft and silky, not oily.  I find that it has a lovely creamy texture if you warm it up in your hands a little first.

You will notice that I only use these in the evenings, and there is a very good reason for that.  Shortly after I apply them, I head straight to bed, as the lavender/chamomile blend has a very soporific effect on me.  I definitely notice the difference in how quickly I sleep if I forget to use it.  

After using both products for about a month, I realized that my previous stretch marks from Mischief (and there were many) had started to fade. I also do not have any new ones!  Granted, I didn't explode at 16 weeks with the pumpkin like I did with Mischief, but I have moved on to maternity pants.  The shiny white tiger stripes from my firstborn are definitely disappearing.  I even recently showed the improvement to a good friend, and she was speechless and wanted to order some for herself!


I also recieved sample packets of their Green Salve (a bug bite/skin irritation cream), Nipple Cream (for breastfeeding), Rhoid Balm (for those pesky hemorrhoids), and Diaper Rash & Thrush cream.  I haven't had the need to use any of these, but am looking forward to them, especially the Diaper Rash & Thrush cream, as it is cloth diaper safe!


  I am in love with these products and I am definitely going to continue using the oil and cream, as well as turn to them for any other needs I might have down the road, when the new little one arrives.




Shared with:





3 comments:

  1. These look like wonderful products to give to a new mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely keep these products in mind if I find myself pregnant again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for providing such useful advice and information! It means a great deal to me. Let's look at some other topics, such as the jitter clicker. With this Jitter Clicking, players achieved an unpredictably high level of CPS in the Jitter Clicking test.

    ReplyDelete